Monday, July 21, 2008

VBA can do wonder with Excel

Indeed, VBA is a tool for productivity in case the object is Excel. I simply did not see the "power" of VBA during those working days and I have left C language programming since I completed my bachelor degree 14 years ago.

Having thousands of data on hand to be analysed, manual work and calculation are simply too consuming in term of time and the possibility of making mistakes.

After combining data for 2 months , I given up to do things manually. So I invested more than RM 500 for two books , Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA and Excel 2007 VBA programming for dummies, both authored by John Walkenbach and received them early this months. I simply became engrossed with the detailed explaination given by John Walkenbach.

It took me three weeks to go through the first 11 chapters and now I have gained confidence back in programming. As it is now, I have written a number of modules customised to my need during the initial phase of this study. Criss-crossing double checking the book and internet resources.

I am glad that I have invested in knowledge and will keep up with sharing the knowledge for the benifit of anyone interested !

0 comments: